Welcome to the Home of the Desert RATS
ShakeOut is next week! Everyone, everywhere should know how to protect themselves from earthquakes, so be sure you are talking it up in-person, on social media, and all around town. Your participation in #ShakeOut will inspire others to get prepared, making the world a safer place!
Where will you be Thursday at 10:15 a.m.? If you need to make updates to your drill plans, log in to your account to update them. While most will participate on 10/15 at 10:15 a.m., you or your organization can participate on any day in 2015.
It is also a good time to encourage others to register still, by sharing ShakeOut.org with them no matter where they live!
The Desert RATS and ARES will be participating in this drill on October 15 at 10:15 AM. The first radio check-in will occur at 10:20 AM on the Desert RATS Repeater at 146.940. The second check-in will occur on the San J repeater at 146.760 and the third check-in will on the new 220 machine located in Cathedral City at 224.480. Each net will be run by a different net operator. We will run through the Desert RATS membership. Listen to Net Control for check-in procedures.
If you can please check into other nets as well. The more practice you get the more prepared you will be for the actual emergency.
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country