Welcome to the Home of the Desert RATS
Join our club. Just fill out the membership registration form and pay via PayPal by clicking on this sentence.
Monthly Club Meetings are located at the Palm Springs Civic Yard, 425 N. Civic Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262.
We are pleased to have John Holder, one of our own club members speak to us
First licensed in 1968 as WN6GYT. I worked in industrial electric field for 30 years as a Field Engineer, Safety Officer and Instructor.
I have experience with equipment that operates on voltages up to 250,000 VAC.
The presentation will be on general safety around the home and ham shack with an emphasis on electrical safety.
The Desert RATS Club is now offering a lifetime membership option. The cost is $150.00. If you wish to sign up for this option please fill out the form located here and pay via PayPal. You can also pay at one of our monthly club meetings.
We encourage everyone to listen to the National Traffic System NETS. They are held every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 PM on the PAPA Repeater system. Repeater is 445.640 Neg offset PL 107.2 If you have D-Star the repeater is 447.140. We will be having a presentation latter in the season on NTS.
Take a look at Los Angeles NTS Section. Read the part on the webpage about NTS Online Training to get started. It will help you understand the presentation latter on in the season.
Monday nights at about 6:25 PM we have the Amateur Radio Newsline and then at 7:00 PM all are welcome to join the weekly NET. At 7:30 PM we have a friendly informal chat on 10 Meters at 28.454 MHz or we will be doing some 2-meter AM chatting.
We have compiled a list of repeaters that cover the Coachella Valley. Take a look at this page for a list. Repeaters that Cover the Coachella Valley. If you have a repeater that you would like listed on this page please use the feedback form and submit it to us.
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country