Welcome to the Home of the Desert RATS
El Niño Presentation from the Riverside County Emergency Management Division (EMD).
We will be having someone from the EMD come and present to us about El Nino and what Riverside County has done to prepare for this extremely bad El Nino winter.
Take a look at the El Niño Presentation page for the slides from a presentation given on November 18, 2015 about the potential bad weather this upcoming winter in Southern California. The presentation was specific to Riverside County with emphasis on Coachella Valley.
It is that time of year again to renew your membership.
Click HERE to open the yearly on-line payment method. This allows you pay via PayPal
To purchase a lifetime membership. This is $150 and you will not have to pay again.
To print the signup form and to mail it in or bring to a club meeting. Fill it out on-line and print it and bring to a meeting or mail it in. Address is on the Form
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country