Welcome to the Home of the Desert RATS
Join our club. Just fill out the membership registration form and pay via PayPal by clicking on this sentance.
Monthly Club Meetings are located at the Palm Springs Civic Yard, 425 N. Civic Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262.
We are pleased to have Kate Hutton K6HTN come and present to our club about the National Traffic System – NTS.
This is from the NTS manual found at http://www.arrl.org/chapter-one-national-traffic-system. “The National Traffic System (NTS) is a structure that allows for rapid movement of traffic from origin to destination and training amateur operators to handle written traffic and participate in directed nets. These two objectives, which sometimes conflict with each other, are the underlying foundations of the NTS.”
Come and see what is a Radiogram, How the NTS send messages from coast to coast, how to participate, and much more. Listen to the PAPA System on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 8:30 PM to get a feel for the type of messages sent/received. For us in Coachella Valley use 445.860 (-) PL 100.0.
The Desert RATS Club is now offering a lifetime membership option. The cost is $150.00. If you wish to sign up for this option please fill out the form located here and pay via PayPal. You can also pay at one of our monthly club meetings.
We encourage everyone to listen to the National Traffic System NETS. They are held every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 PM on the PAPA Repeater system. Repeater is 445.640 Neg offset PL 107.2 If you have D-Star the repeater is 447.140. We will be having a presentation latter in the season on NTS.
Take a look at Los Angeles NTS Section. Read the part on the webpage about NTS Online Training to get started. It will help you understand the presentation latter on in the season.
Monday nights at about 6:25 PM we have the Amateur Radio Newsline and then at 7:00 PM all are welcome to join the weekly NET. At 7:30 PM we have a friendly informal chat on 10 Meters at 28.454 MHz or we will be doing some 2-meter AM chatting.
We have compiled a list of repeaters that cover the Coachella Valley. Take a look at this page for a list. Repeaters that Cover the Coachella Valley. If you have a repeater that you would like listed on this page please use the feedback form and submit it to us.
Members of the Desert RATS club try our best to live by this code at all times.
The Radio Amateur Is:
* CONSIDERATE…never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
* LOYAL…offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
* PROGRESSIVE…with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and knowledge above reproach.
* FRIENDLY…slow and patient operating when requested; friendly
advise and counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
* BALANCED…radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.
* PATRIOTIC…station and skill always ready for service to country